Surface Engineering Division - mission
The Surface Engineering Division will:
- Provide a strong coherent focus and authoritative voice for surface engineering, both inside and outside The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Interact actively with external bodies, including academia and Government bodies, and establish and maintain good linkages with outside organisations, both national and International
- Further its objectives through coordinating the organisations of conferences, seminars and workshops, where appropriate in collaboration with other divisions and committees within The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, and the encouragement of publications.
- Promote education, fundamental and applied research, and technology transfer activities and the industrial exploitation of surface engineering processes applied to materials for such applications as adhesion, corrosion and tribology (friction, lubrication and wear)
- Foster the interests of younger members involved in the Steel Industry
- Collaborate with the other technical divisions, regional sections and international organisations on areas of mutual interest