Mineral Processing & Extractive Metallurgy Division - mission
To promote the professional interests of Mineral Processing & Extractive Metallurgy (MP&EM) members within the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining and worldwide.
This will be achieved by:-
- promoting the interests of members of the Division and of the MP&EM industry as a whole both at home and overseas;
- promoting and co-ordinating transfer of information within the Division by means of national and international conferences, local conferences and seminars, Materials World, the IOM3 Website and the Mining and Minerals Library;
- providing a link between the local societies having MP&EM interests (both home and overseas) and the Council of the Institute;
- forging links with other organisations whose interests are directly or indirectly connected with MP&EM to promote the objectives of the Institute and the interests of the members of the Division;
- promoting the visibility and prestige of the minerals engineering profession by recommending to the Industry and Technology Policy Board, and the Awards Committee, nominations for relevant Institute Awards;
- maintaining contacts with academia and industry to ensure that the needs of both are appropriately addressed by the Institute;
- encouraging membership of the Institute by the MP&EM community worldwide;
- encouraging use of the minerals and mining library by IOM3 & MP&EM community;
- promoting the visibility of the minerals industry in society;
- working with the other minerals-related Divisions under the auspices of IMMa (International Mining and Minerals Association) to ensure visibility of the minerals industry internally within the Institute and externally.