Packaging Specialist - Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Oxfordshire
About the business:
Jacobs Douwe Egberts Research and Development Center Coffee and Tea (R&D) is part of the Global JDE organization. R&D is the major contributor for developing Innovative coffee and tea products and is constantly optimizing the product portfolio. Focus of R&D is both on building Technology Platforms (TP) and on New Product Development (NPD). Moreover, some disciplines within R&D have a strong involvement in JDE business and are leading in decisions to be made. Projects are mostly carried out together with Marketing, Operation and Purchase Departments
About the role:
The Packaging Specialist is responsible for developing packaging material specifications to meet the needs of the consumer, customer, distribution, shelf life, product protection, filling line performance and national regulations. It has responsibility to help the Operations Engineering Group to develop and commission factory filling line solutions for new and improved products. The scope covers EU and CEEMA regions for Instant Coffee and Coffee Mixes
Additionally, the role has the responsibility to identify and develop new packaging solutions to meet anticipated long term business needs across multiple regions.
The job holder must be able to manage their individual projects budgets and can build a network within global RD&Q, Marketing/Procurement/Manufacturing and externally with Suppliers and Design Agencies. This involves working with senior managers in other functions to assess and drive projects; collaborating cross-functionally and influencing adoption of new packaging ideas.
Key responsibilities for Packaging Specialist include:
- Deliver a portfolio of packaging projects for rigid & flexible packaging
- Demonstrate excellent technology knowledge to drive project portfolio delivery
- Prepare project plans and measure performance against these
- Ensure team to liaise closely with the Plants (JDE & CoMan) to plan and coordinate trials by establishing a good working rapport with plant personnel to ensure maximum effectiveness of the trials and project success
- Establish network with existing Suppliers, plus develop new Suppliers in conjunction with Procurement. Maintain contact with Suppliers on a regular basis
- Seek new ideas relevant to Coffee packaging, driving forward strategically relevant innovations, including materials improvements, processes to aid cost savings and improve efficiency
- Prepare specifications from Supplier data and experimental/trial work. Ensure all relevant safety and regulatory certification etc. is available before production
- Maintain up to date specifications in PM4P
- Engage in organisational effectiveness programmes such as IP Packaging screening, PEP presentations etc.; training and guiding interns
Experience required for the Packaging Specialist role:
- BS/MS/PhD Scientific/Technical/Engineering degree or equivalent dedicated packaging qualification and vocational training
- Good understanding of the business environment and supply chain.
- Effectively present status/proposals to influence partners or share with higher management (Director-level)
- Independently deliver results, draw conclusions and write technical reports with minimal guidance from manager.
- Experience of program/project management
- Demonstrable project management skills are essential, together with the ability to operate in a complex, multi-national environment
- IP & IP strategy, FTO, IDF processes
- Fluent in English
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate and driven associates who challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and support one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing across the globe. Your achievements here will get noticed.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts is a global coffee & tea company, serving consumers in more than 80 countries through iconic brands including: JACOBS, TASSIMO, MOCCONA, SENSEO, L'OR, DOUWE EGBERTS, KENCO, PILAO and GEVALIA
To Apply - Please follow this link
For any additional information contact Zoe Price – email@example.com
Primary Location - Oxfordshire