NPDI Quality Engineer - Doncasters Bramah, Sheffield
We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to Provide QE support to the NPDI team. The NPDI team is responsible for development and industrialisation of new products in to the business. As part of the NPDI team the role will be customer focused and pivotal to the successful growth of the business.
- Manage all QE aspects of NPDI process. As part of the team ensure parts are developed on time and in accordance with the customer requirements.
- Manage customer requirements, ensure these are feed down to the relevant engineers and are process according to site procedures.
- Create and update FAIR for all NPDI parts
- Manage FEMA process for all NPDI projects
- Carry out process audits and recommend and implement improvements as necessary.
- Carry out daily random patrol inspections and use the Non Conformance Review process to report areas of non-compliance.
- Analyse customer complaints, escapes, non conformances, scrap and rework activities and identify trends, root causes and preventative actions.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience
- Experience in Aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Experience of a range of relevant manufacturing processes, including CAD CAM, CNC/turning, sheet metal work, laser, super plastic forming, EDM, Brazing, EBW and welding processes
- Qualified to HNC level or above in a Manufacturing or Production Engineering discipline. Significant industry experience is required if the applicant does not have the necessary qualification.
- Familiar with AS9100 requirements
- Team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of NPDI and project management systems
- Green belt, black belt or other recognised lean manufacturing training
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.
£32,000 - £37,000 pa