NDPI Planner - Doncasters Bramah, Sheffield
We are recruiting for a Planner to provide MRP Planning support to ensure that new products and processes are introduced in an effective and timely manner to cost and timescale targets. You will ensure that development build programmes follow the relevant NPDI stage gates and satisfy Customer expectations in parallel by developing best practice production plans to obtain the most efficient factory performance possible whilst achieving Customer demand OTIF.
1. Scheduling and Demand – Receive and analyse Customer schedules (or Forecasts) and generate the development production plan.
2. Capacity Planning for key pieces of equipment and manning requirements when implementing NPDI to shared resources. Contribute clear updates of NPDI demand requirements as part of the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process.
3. Customer Liaison - Respond to Customer requirements within any specified deadlines. Organise regular face-to-face meetings with Customers to ensure a strong relationship is maintained.
4. Inventory Management – Responsible for employing optimal inventory practices. Generate WIP levels to satisfy development programme and Customer buffer expectations whilst managing obsolete, scrap, non-conforming and aged/dwelling WIP. Liaison with Purchasing Department to establish that correct raw materials are sourced on time.
5. Delivery – Organise a shipping manifest to ensure delivery of goods on time to the correct location.
6. Sales – Generate accurate sales forecasts by part number, by week. Maintain accurate visibility of order book on Efacs, and provide a sales forecast budget information on NPDI programmes.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience
• Experience in Aerospace or automotive manufacturing
• Experience of MRP and Production planning
• Familiar with AS9100 requirements
• Team player
• Customer focused
• Knowledge of NPDI
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.