Manufacturing Engineer / Forming - Doncasters Bramah , Sheffield
We are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer specialising in Forming to maintain and develop the company’s capability in sheet metal forming (superplastic forming, cold forming, hot forming) in order to give a competitive advantage. The role holder will provide manufacturing engineering (sheet metal forming) capability to ensure that new products and processes are introduced in an effective and timely manner to cost and timescale targets. To ensure effective business operation through the identification and implementation of best practices and new technologies.
To be the site lead for engineering support in sheet metal forming:
- Provide process development support through simulation modelling and live trials to support any new production introduction or process improvements.
- Maintenance of NADCAP and customer approvals for and Superplastic forming. Preparation of Data Cards and associated documentation required to gain Customer approval for the above processes.
- Development of the resource capability of the above processes to ensure effective utilization of forming equipment.
To maintain Engineering Change and Document Control specific to sheet metal forming:
- The assessment of changes to customer or third party technical requirements to identify any impacts to the business;
- Communication of change through relevant departments within the business;
- Control and release of technical documentation to Operations to ensure that it is available at the point of use.
To resolve engineering related problems through effective Root Cause Analysis and Root Cause Corrective Action methodologies.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge or skills
- CAD (Siemens NX)
- Significant experience developing and industrializing sheet metal formed parts (super plastic forming, hot forming, cold forming of titanium and nickel alloys)
- CAD/CAM and process simulation experience using PAM-STAMP (or similar software)
- Experience of engineering in a manufacturing facility
- Qualified to degree level or above in a Manufacturing or Production Engineering discipline.
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.
£35,000 - £40,000 pa