Development Metallurgist - JM Johnson Matthey, North London
Vacancy: Development Metallurgist Location: Brimsdown, North London
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Development Metallurgist to provide support in the concept, trial, design, installation and commissioning of improvement, asset replacement and new processes.
The successful candidate will design, develop and improve pyrometallurgical, hydrometallurgical and evaluation processes.
The work will involve monitoring and analysis of processes and data in conjunction with laboratory, pilot and plant scale development and commissioning trials for our operations at Brimsdown.
- Promote high environmental, health and safety standards and behaviours for yourself and your co-workers
- Develop and improve pyrometallurgical, thermal and concentration processes in conjunction with production, customers, external technology suppliers, JMTC and other members of the technical team
- Monitor and analyse pyrometallurgical processes and data, supporting resolution of issues
- Utilise thermodynamic modelling methods to provide theoretical analysis of potential process changes and process variation investigations
- Undertake bench, pilot and plant scale experimental work
- Provide process expertise to enable HAZOP studies to be carried out on new process plants and Process Hazard Reviews on existing operations
- Carry out appropriate risk assessments (Risk, COSHH, Manual Handling, etc) for the development work
- Participate in root cause analysis of incidents that occur within the Brimsdown site
- Assist the Capital Projects team by providing technical expertise including developing process flow diagrams, conducting trials on new equipment and collecting data for design
- Carry out commissioning work on new and existing plant
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering based subject or equivalent High level of numeracy, working with systems and data Understanding of phase diagrams and thermodynamic databases
- Demonstrated a high level of understanding and commitment to EH&S Understanding of Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please follow this link to apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.