Additive Manufacturing Engineer - OxMet Technologies, Oxford
We are seeking Additive Manufacturing Engineers to shape the future of a unique metal additive manufacturing facility.
Through the selection of AM equipment, you will lead the establishment of a state-of-the-art additive manufacturing facility which will enable innovation in the design of new alloys.
An established network within the additive manufacturing community including equipment and material suppliers and component customers is desired.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and carrying out extended processing and testing programmes on alloys, defining the necessary analytical and experimental methods needed to prove properties of new alloys and their manufacturing capability readiness.
- Demonstrating and developing technical competency in additive manufacturing capability, including designing for additive manufacture, metal powder characterisation and process improvement.
- Leading discussion for project development – both internal and external – and overseeing planning on how to deliver against milestones and targets.
- Presenting the results of your test programmes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant work experience though a Ph.D with post-qualification research experience or within industry.
- Deep knowledge of physical metallurgy of at least one of the following: steels, aluminium, nickel, titanium.
- Experience of collaborating with industry and of building industrial relationships; able to manage industry focussed research programmes and build an appropriate team to ensure delivery of high quality work to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to interact with a range of stakeholders including academia, industry, and investors.
- Strong team player with the ability to work productively on your own.
A highly competitive remuneration package is offered, including salary and equity incentives.
To apply submit a CV and a supporting statement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supporting statement should explain how you meet the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience.
All documents should be uploaded as PDF files with your name and document type in the filename.
Please provide details of two referees and indicate if we can contact them now.
OxMet Technologies creates the next generation of high performance alloys. The company has an established portfolio of IP encompassing alloy design methods, proprietary software and optimised alloys. We target a broad range of market sectors, including: aerospace, automotive, defence, medical-devices, energy and consumer goods.
OxMet Technologies was founded by an internationally renowned engineering team based at the University of Oxford. The team has significant experience conducting materials engineering research and development for a variety of blue-chip companies. With support from Oxford Sciences Innovation - a major investor in University of Oxford spin-out companies – OxMet Technologies is extremely wellpositioned for rapid growth.