Iron & Steel Society - mission
The Iron and Steel Society’s activities encompass all professional, technical and educational aspects of the Steel Industry and whole supply chain as well as other strategic considerations of steel. This is achieved by interaction with all parties related to the Iron and Steel Industry including:
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining Iron and Steel Society members, UK and Worldwide
- Iron and steel industry personnel
- Iron and steel industry suppliers and customers
- Plant builders
- Universities and younger members of the Institute
- Iron and steel related institutes and learned societies both international and domestic
- UK Steel Association and member companies
- External bodies relevant to iron and steel, both international and domestic.
The scope of the Society also includes communications with other divisions and external bodies on all aspects involving iron and steel. These would include, for example, refractories, mining, automotive and general applications of steel, plant engineering, environmental considerations, recycling and Government Foresight.
The aim of the Iron and Steel Society is:
- To provide value and support to the iron and steel Industry
- To provide value and support to individual members of the Institute with a particular interest in iron and steel both in the UK and worldwide.
- To promote a positive image of iron and steel.
- To promote exchange and development of Technology through the organisation of conferences, seminars and meetings.
- To carry out self-funding activities in order to achieve the above aims.