Clay Quarry Managers Refresher Day Course
The Clay Quarry Managers Refresher course was designed in response to The Quarry Regulations 1999, which stipulates that quarry managers need to demonstrate competence.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with a refresher on issues of site safety, occupational health, environmental impact, geotechnical aspects of the extraction process and quarry design, that will assist them in the management of clay quarries, under the Quarries Regulations, 1999.
Attendees are asked to ensure that they are familiar with the following information prior to attending the course:
- Site management structure
- Date of last review/audit of Health & Safety Document
- Latest revision of E&T Rules
- Date of Quarry Design
- Date of last Geotechnical Assessment
- General information on their quarry, e.g. geology, excavation process, volumes of excavation
As the majority of courses available centre around hard rock quarrying, this course was designed specifically for clay quarries.
- Update on Health & Safety performance in quarries
- Vehicle safety
- Employers' Responsibilities
- General Health & Saftey Legislation
- Quarries Regulations 1999
- Excavations & Tips
- Multi-choice Assessment
- Group Assessment/Workshop
Each course is run over 1 day.
It is delivered in a modular format.
There is a mixture of taught time and group exercises, with assessments.
Successful delegates are awarded with an IOM3 Certificate of Achievement.
These activities are approved for Professional Development by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining.