3 Day Clay Quarry Management Course
The Clay Quarry Management course was designed in response to The Quarry Regulations 1999 which stipulates that quarry managers need to demonstrate competence. As the majority of courses available centre around hard rock quarrying, this course was designed specifically for clay quarries.
To register for the latest Clay Quarry Management Course, please see registration link to the right of this page.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Managing Health & Safety on site
- Vehicle safety
- Environmental issues
- Occupational Health and Welfare
- Electricity in the workplace
- Machinery safety
- Hazards and definitions
- Soil slope stability
- Rock slope stability
- Rock fall hazard
- Inspections and record keeping
- Geotechnical Appraisals and significant change
- Site visit
- Geotechnical Assessments
- Quarry design
- Excavations and tip rules
- Risk assessments and safe systems of work.
Each course is run over 3 days, usually Tuesday - Thursday.
It is delivered in a modular format.
There is a mixture of taught time, group exercises, audio visual and field work.
There are 5 assessments made up of multiple choice questions with written and practical exams.
Successful delegates are awarded the MPQC Certificate of Achievement.
These activities are approved for Professional Development by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining.