New Methodologies For Modelling, Simulation And Testing Automotive Lightweight Materials 2017
This event is supported by The Automotive Division of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3).
The event will showcase over 20 case studies from leading OEMs, CAE experts and material experts to help you streamline your modeling and simulation processes to achieve overall cost efficiency at vehicle design stage.
Day 1: Improve accuracy in modeling and simulation for composites and adhesive joining
Reducing the gap between simulation result and physical testing to improve cost efficiency at design stage and gain accurate prediction:
Case studies and presentations focusing on:
* how to successfully model adhesive joints
* predictive simulation of adhesive joints in a crash scenario
* discover OEM test campaigns for material cards
* addressing the complexity in simulation of composite material
Day 2: Increase accurate prediction of failure for metallic material and eliminate external factors affecting simulation data of welding and fasterners
Adopting new technologies and best practice case studies for metallic material and discover solutions to challenges in:
* accurately understanding forming limit of aluminum
* successfully modeling uhss structure failure
* modeling and simulation behavior of sprs from component to full car level
* predicting spot weld failure in a simulation