Ceramics Society board
As one of the Technical Societies of The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining we exist to support the Ceramic Community by providing a focus for the exchange of knowledge on all aspects of ceramics education, science, research and manufacture.
The Ceramics Society's activities encompass all professional, technical and educational aspects of the broad Ceramics Community. This community includes Cementitious Materials, Ceramic Science and the heavy clay sector, via the International Clay Technology Association (ICTa).
Our objectives include the following:
- To establish the Institute as the voice of Materials within the broad Ceramics community, be that in the manufacturing, scientific, research or educational spheres.
- To encourage research and development on the materials aspects of all relevant activities and to transfer results of research findings to industry.
- To provide value and support to individual members of the Institute with a particular interest in Ceramics
- Promote education and training related to the broader Ceramics Industry by organising conferences and workshops
- Foster the interests of younger members involved in the Ceramics Industry
- Collaborate with the other technical divisions, regional sections and national and international organisations on areas of mutual interest.
Chair, The Ceramics Society
Scope & Mission
The Ceramics Society exists to provide a forum for the exchange of information, knowledge and state-of-the-art industrial practice on all aspects of ceramic activity within the UK. Read our full Mission and Scope statement